If you follow me on Pinterest or Instagram, or we are Facebook friends, you may have noticed that I have been posting a lot about health, fitness, BeachBody, and Shakeology. No, I haven’t gone off the deep end. No, I am not addicted to fitness. No, I am not some health-crazed fanatic that drinks protein shakes all the time. Yes, I have a life besides fitness. Yes, my husband supports me 150%, in fact, I wouldn’t be doing this without his encouragement! There, I got the dumb questions out of the way!
Now, here is my story and why I decided to become a BeachBody coach…
Last October, I was diagnosed with Rhuematoid Arthritis and later, diagnosed again with Psoriasis. I wasn’t eating great, even though I thought I was. I have literally tried it all. Paleo, Low Carb, No Sugar, Limited to no meat, nothing seemed to help me feel better. One side effect of RA that I had been experiencing (along with swollen and sore joints) was, being tired all the time, to the point of exhaustion. My husband said, I would be itching everywhere in my sleep because of my psoriasis. This is when I knew I had to do something.
I have a friend that was doing PiYo and she had amazing results, so after we got back from our vacation in December, and dealing with dry, patchy, and itchy skin in a bikini, I ordered and signed up for the PiYo and Shakeology Challenge Pack. Little did I know, it would change my life forever.
Never, have I committed and stuck to something for long-term, like eating plans and workout regimens. Like I said, I was a big fad dieter all my life. That is all I knew.
I got to meet my free coach, Rose through my program. Rose has helped encourage me and support me so much in the last 6 months. From overcoming my addiction to the scale to answering all my dumb questions, and finally being my boss and mentor! I am so blessed to be on my team! I have gotten to met and now work with some amazing ladies! But that isn’t all…
1. It Keeps Me Going. Being a coach isn’t about just me anymore. I get to help others, which I love! And helping others reach their goal and have amazing success stories, keeps me motivated to stay healthy. Because, believe it or not, I have my days when I pig out or when I don’t want to workout, but know I have people looking to me for inspiration. It keeps me from quitting and giving up. Plus, it keeps my fitness journey going! I still am not at my goal size or weight, but that just means, I am working right along with my challengers to achieve my own personal goals. This is why I love what I do, I love helping others, along with continuing bettering my own personal health!
2. It Is My Job. It is hard to call it that, but it is! It is my job as a coach to be promoting a healthy and postitive lifestyle! (Sorry in advance for all the sweaty workout selfies, Shakeology Selfies, and positive vibe posts!) I am building MY business! As a coach, I like to think I live a somewhat positive and healthy lifestyle, and I need and want to promote it to get others to want to better themselves for THEMSELVES. We were only given one body to live in so, why not take care of it?! It’s called living to your fullest poteinial!
3. I Don’t Diet. I no longer have crazy fad diets. I eat whole, clean foods. I eat carbs. I eat sugar. I have my cheat days where I’ll eat fried food and ice cream. I don’t stress anymore when I overeat or have a cheat day or meal (unplanned or planned). I don’t have off limit foods anymore. Limiting your food or food items like carbs, makes diets fail. You need carbs, but healthy ones, like whole grain bread or sweet potatoes (in the correct portion sizes). Not only do you need them, but if you limit them, you are also more likely to overeat once you are reintroduced to them. I am now eating correct portion sizes, with the combination of healthy grains and fats that my body needs and yours does too!
4. I Am Proud of My Journey. Since January, I have lost over 11 inches off my body. I have energy again! My Psoriasis completely cleared up! I am no longer itching in my sleep and keeping my husband up! Shakeology has helped with all of the above, by getting my the proper nutrition and vitamins (No, Shakeology is not just another protein shake!) that I need, daily! I am proud of my mini abs poking through! I am proud I lost my arm jiggle! I have worked so hard for this and for my body, and I am not complaining!
5. Ask Me About My Journey. No, I won’t be sales-y and try to rope you into something you don’t want to do. But I will tell you about my story. About how eating the correct portion sizes of proteins and veggies (yes, you can OD on veggies), working out faithfully, and drinking Shakeology has helped me! And just maybe, you’ll surprise yourself and want to try it out for YOU!
6. I Am Just Like You! Even though I am a BeachBody Coach, I still struggle with chocolate cravings. I still over eat every once in awhile. I still drink wine on occasion. And I can’t wait to eat at our local, small town Tastee Freeze this summer!! I still struggle somedays to stay motivated and workout instead of sitting on the couch all evening watching tv. I still take ugly pictures, I am still self conscious, and have my own insecurities. I am not a glorified, holier-than-thou, fitness freak, health nut, dieting machine, workout all the day long, obessed coach. I am not, and I will never be. I have a life, I have a full time job, I have a husband, and thanks for asking!