This weekend seemed strange, just because I have the week off, so I am all goofed up. I went to my very first cattle sale! It worked out that since I was off, I could come with and experience it all, from taking the cows up to sell and the entire sale! It was a pretty long day, and by the end, I just wanted to go shopping! haha! I got in some quick grocery shopping at Target! If there is one store that I miss shopping at, it’s Target! I told Taylor, now with working at my new job, we need to make it a priority to get to Fargo or Bismarck more often!
Since starting back on track on literally the 26th of December, I have lost 3 pounds! SERIOUSLY! I am proud of myself for taking no cookies or chex mixes home and digging deep and getting back on track so quickly! So that is why this week, I was really craving pizza, BAD! So, I caved and made myself pizza with cauliflower crust!
I had always heard that the cauliflower crust was awesome, but I never had tried it or made it myself. This week, I decided that it needed to be done. My biggest concern was a crust from cauliflower? How? But the crust actually turned out quite nicely! I think I was just scared to follow all of the steps of making the crust, but in reality, it was easy! You could definitely make it any style of pizza, I just did alfredo, because that is what I was craving. This recipe is by far (BY FAR!! just had to add more emphasis) one of the best “healthy” recipes I have made and needless to say, I will be making it again! It’s an added bonus that it also reheats nicely as well!
Cauliflower Pizza Crust:
1 Head of Cauliflower, Steamed (should yield about 2 cups if grated first)
1/2 Cup of Almond Meal
1 Tbsp. of Coconut Oil, Melted
1 Tsp. of Italian Seasoning (I used Mrs. Dash – no salt)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Roughly part the cauliflower and chop for faster cooking.
- Put a baking mat or parchment paper on a baking sheet and pray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium pot, steam the cauliflower chunks in water until soft. Drain.
- Put the eggs, hot cauliflower, almond meal, coconut oil, and seasoning all in food processor or high powered blender, until creamy.
- Pour out mixture on to baking sheet and spread into a round, pizza crust shaped circle. Spread evenly.
- Place in preheated oven for about 20 minutes. Do not let the edges burn.
- Take out of oven and let cool while you assemble your toppings.
For my alfredo toppings, I used precooked chicken seasoned with salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic power. Store bought alfreado sauce (I tried to find a natural, organic brand with lower calories), cheeses, an onion, and bacon bits. I just used what I had on hand, but I think a red pepper and mushrooms would have been great additions! Next time…