Well, well, well… It’s been awhile, and I am so sorry! Life itself has basically consumed my life! It’s spring here on the prairie and this week, the old saying was true, April showers bring May flowers. We had a very rainy, and cool week. My hubby is excited to get back into the field and get going. I on the other hand, enjoyed having him in, even if we do have to watch ALL of the NFL draft. I am cozied up with tea, a book, and a blog. 🙂
For the last few weeks, I have really been in the writing mood. I miss it and I am ready to come back, slowly. That reminds me, how often would you like to see a blog post from me?! Just curious! You can comment below. I definitely plan to start writing more in the evenings when my hubby is out working. Even though I hate to see him out late and pulling more all nighters, I am excited to have some me time and get back into writing and my own “summer schedule”.
This week, I had a baking craving. Ever get those?!! Well, along with my current obsession with blueberries, I decided Blueberry muffins it is!! I found this amazing recipe from Pinterest, but like always, I don’t follow recipes well, and put my own spin on it! Here is what I did.
Serves: 6 Large Muffins
- 1.5 cups Flour
- 1/4 cups Plain Yogurt or Greek Yogurt
- 1.5 cup Frozen Blueberries, do not thaw and toss in 2 tbsp of flour to avoid sinking
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1.5 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 egg, or 1 Egg Beater
- 1/2 cup Organic Coconut Sugar
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Cashew Milk
- 1/4 cup Oil (vegetable or coconut)
- Preheat oven to 425 Degrees. Spray muffin pan with a non-stick cooking spray. I personally use, the Pam Coconut Oil spray!
- Mix together in KitchenAid mixer bowl the flour, yogurt, baking powder, vanilla, egg, sugar, salt, milk and oil. Mix well. Set aside.
- Take blueberries out of freezer, measure out and toss in 2 tablespoons of flour to avoid sinking in dough.
- Fill up muffin tins with batter, place in oven and bake about 20 minutes or until slightly browned and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Enjoy warm!