Have you ever felt like you were super on track for maybe a few months with either working out, blogging, or any of your hobbies or to do’s, but now, you feel like you feel out of the pocket?! I think that happens to ALL of us!! As humans, I think we all need motivation from time to time and figure out how to get ourselves back on the highroad. Lately, I feel that even I am in need of some motivation! Sometimes, the best way to get back in the game is to just dive head first and hit the ground with your feet running!
Here are my top 5 tips for getting YOUR mojo back!!
1. Wake Up Early!! I honestly wake up early even on the weekends, just to accomplish more in one day. It’s kind of amazing how much difference a couple of hours makes when you are actually working. Turn off distractions. Actually, go to a room of your home where you know you will work the best, sometimes, it doesn’t have to be your office! AND WORK!!! Don’t be scrolling on Facebook or looking for new glam looks on Pinterest, actually work. Even go as far as setting a timer for your work schedule, so you know that you have to get this done within the hour.
2. Change Your Priorities! I am a HUGE planner! I love planning and I plan literally, EVERYTHING otherwise nothing in my life would get done. I work two jobs, one full time, one part time, I am a wife, and I think farm wives a a little busier than your average wife! It seems like there is always something going on! I am a huge believer in prioritizing things in order to get them done. If some of the most important things are not getting done, you need to reschedule! My workouts are a great example of this! I feel like I just can’t workout in the evenings. I have tried it and it went okay, BUT I changed it up to the mornings. Before I left my old job this past winter, I was getting up at 4:15-4:20 AM to workout. Was it awful? YES! But did I get it done?! YES!! I plan my daily workouts, to doing laundry, to cleaning my house, to my power hour, and yes, I even plan my own personal development schedule! On to the next tip!
3. Personal Development! Yes, this is an actual thing! When I decided (almost a year ago to be a Beachbody Coach), I would always hear about doing personal development. At first, I would have said it doesn’t and that I didn’t need it, but EVERYONE NEEDS personal development! There are days when we all get in our own heads and start that negative self talk and that is when we need motivation the most!! I personally love podcasts! I rarely listen to the radio anymore, because driving is a great way to get some positive vibes going! Personal development is something that I have really dove into the past few months. Let’s just say, I have needed some motivation and positivity in my life, and it absolutely does work! Personal development can be the Bible, a devotion, listening to Joel Osteen ( I love him!), or to another type of podcast or book you work like to learn more about! I also like listening to paleo diet podcasts, since I have RA or anything on health!
4. Give Back! One of the biggest ways to be happy or get back into your groove is to either volunteer time to help people, or give a donation or help out someone in need or the community. If you are a little bit like me, and think that you live in a small town where there aren’t many opportunities for things like donations or volunteering, you are WRONG! You can always give or donate to a local charity and there are a lot! Or volunteer at a local animal shelter! I think animals are a wonderful way to laugh and feel like you helped out.
5. Learn a New Skill! Sometimes another really great way to get back on the mojo train is to learn a new skill. It gets your confidence back up and you feel better about YOU and you are ready to conquer the world again! Learn a new skill that can also help your life skills or what you do for a career or it can be completely out of the box like taking a painting or dance class! Do something FUN and that you have always wanted to learn!
6. Workout! Yep, I said it! I know, I am a fitness and health coach, so I am going to tell you to workout, but it’s true! Working out not only is good for your body, it’s good for your soul! When you exercise your body releases endorphins, which as Elle Woods would say “Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don’t kill their husbands! They just don’t”! Well said, Elle! 🙂 The best way to get energy back and feel good about yourself, is to workout! I know I have my days where I don’t feel like working out, but I do it anyway. Workout because of that feeling AFTER the workout!
I hope these tips help you to get YOUR mojo back and back on the right track! Please feel free to talk to me if you need more ideas on podcasts, workouts, or some motivation! I would be happy to help!